Hospitality Sales & Office Co-Ordinator
Job Description :
To be an integral part of the small hands on team at Perth Racecourse.
As Hospitality Sales Executive you will be a full time member of staff based in the main racing office, working hours Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700. Weekend and evening work will be applicable on racedays and major events.
This role has many responsibilities due to the small nature of the team. Winning attributes in this role are the ability to maximise raceday hospitality sales with a focus on profitability and customer service and to assist in the day to day running of the office. You will be required to turn your hand to any number of tasks on raceday.
Primary responsibilities include Hospitality and Restaurant bookings, invoicing, ticketing and racing administration. An appreciation of horse-racing would be beneficial but not essential.
- Undertake all raceday ticket and hospitality enquiries
- Send out raceday tickets in a timely manner throughout race season
- Responsible for invoicing of hospitality and sponsorship sales
- Identify additional business opportunities such as sponsorship by understanding consumers requirements and pass on leads.
- Identify prospects through research and cold call blitzes.
- Maximise profitability by managing table layouts in each facility.
- Recommend the need for additional /fewer facilities where appropriate to maximise profit.
- Sell hospitality by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending and upselling packages.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identify product improvements or new products by keeping in touch with industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Welcome hospitality guests to the racecourse and keep in touch to ensure rebooking is done in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training and development programmes as required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Racecourse office as required.
- Manage the Racecourse Info Inbox