Letter from Chief Executive Hazel Peplinski with important information for owners
Perth Races –Tuesday 21st July 2020
We are back racing at last!
Thank you very much for your collective strong support of our Behind Closed Doors fixture on Tuesday; we are delighted that Owners are now able to attend the racecourse to support their horses on the day and should you decide to travel here is your ABC on how to cut through all the “red tape”.
Because we are still operating very much as a working site, there are still significant restrictions regarding what we can offer you compared to Perth’s normal Gold Standard hospitality. Hopefully, further relaxation of protocols are not too far away but meanwhile I am sure you can understand the need for venues hosting elite professional sport to remain cautious and avoid any setbacks having made such a strong start to racing’s resumption.
If you are considering making the trip to Perth, and I sincerely hope you are, please take a moment to read the information below that pertains to our series of Behind Closed Doors fixtures in July and August. We shall update them as the situation evolves.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found on this link
- all Owners shall need to complete a two-stage screening process. This includes the BHA’s recently updated online COVID-19 learning module and a personal health assessment to be completed in advance of raceday, followed by a few health questions and a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse.
- To ensure you have no issues on the day and to enable us to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritizing the safety and well-being of all attendees, we request that you provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download.
- If you have any queries with regard to this important accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
- To facilitate social distancing and avoid entry delays, Owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more than 45 minutes before their horse is due to run and leave the racecourse within an hour of the final race in which they have a confirmed runner.
- The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You shall be guided to the temporary Owners car park which is handily located close to the Owners dedicated entry for registration. This entrance can be found by following the directional markers from the car park and is a very short walk.
- Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand we have provided a ground floor hospitality suite (with toilets) where we shall provide some complimentary soft drinks, an Owners’ packed lunch and a tea and coffee self-service station.
- If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the “Winners enclosure” has been moved to facilitate a photograph of yourself greeting your winning horse and rider, albeit from a safe two metres! A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection on exiting the Owners’ zone on your departure.
At entry stage the Going is officially Good and for any weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website https://www2.racingadmin.co.uk/JEDS001/index.html or contact our Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495. The track has benefited from a very long break since last September and the modern irrigation system can ensure consistent safe going for next Tuesday as required. The track does look amazing!
Thank you again for your highly valued support. If you are unable to attend on Tuesday we shall send all Owners a digital racecard on Tuesday for watching from home. Please keep Perth in mind for 11th August and our ITV day on 30th August for future entries.
Enjoy your Racing, Perth is happy to be joining in the action, finally.