Owners Update for May Racing 2021
Perth Races – 12th (eve) & 13th May
Thank you very much to those of you who supported our recent April Festival and for your support of our two day fixture next week with entries. Once again we are behind closed doors and it is your runners that are keeping the whole show on the road so we cannot emphasise enough how grateful we are to you for your on-going support of Perth during these most challenging of times. It was just fantastic to re-connect with the whole racing community after such a long Winter on the side lines and I sincerely hope at long last things can start to improve quite quickly and we can once again welcome spectators back to our fixtures to bring us some cheer. This spell in limbo is very frustrating but we must be patient for a while longer it seems.
Those of you that were able to attend one of our six fixtures last year shall recall how we were able to offer Owners a central facility with both trackside and parade ring viewing out with the Green Zone dedicated to all other essential workers. This year we have reconfigured our zones which allows us to offer Owners a bit more space and therefore capacity which was well received at our April meeting. We would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to come to Perth to support your runners; you shall receive a warm Scottish welcome and a healthy attendance of Owners shall create some essential on-site atmosphere even though the experience we can offer you is still a little compromised due to the on-going restrictions but hopefully for not much longer.
We are doing everything to fully comply with our local authority guidelines in order to keep everyone who visits Perth safe and to build confidence for when we are allowed spectators to return around which discussions are on-going with our Safety Advisory Group in Perth. In terms of protocols that are in operation next week there is not a great deal that has changed from April although we are now allowed to have retail betting so we shall have the Tote and a Bookmaker in your Amber zone. Owners have been very positive about their Perth experience and we were also delighted that so many of our feature races had Owners in attendance to enjoy the Winners Enclosure experience after a fashion.
We can offer you access to parade ring viewing, trackside viewing, a large screen for all round track viewing and sufficient subsistence to fuel you through your long day. We have also created more space for Owners to relax between races and enjoy each other’s company as far as it is safe to do so within the current guidelines, more of which later.
Our capacities have not changed since April and so once again we are able to offer three badges per Owner in the first instance (instead of the usual six) due to our current Covid capacity restrictions. To gain admission, we require you to personally register your interest to attend on the Pass system by 4pm on the day before your horse is due to compete. This PASS registration can only be done by Owners themselves and not their representative Trainer. After that deadline, should we have any spare capacity for additional allocation of badges, we shall be able to offer each of you one additional badge until our maximum capacity for the Owners’ Zone is reached on a first come first served basis. Again we need full track and trace details of every additional attendee.
If you are considering making the trip to Perth, and I sincerely hope you are, please take a moment to read the information below that pertains to our on-going series of Behind Closed Doors fixtures. These have been updated as the situation evolves and are always subject to further change.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found here.
- To enable us to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritizing the safety and well-being of all attendees, we require you to provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download and reduce any potential delays upon arrival.
- For those interested in securing an extra badge please call my colleague Morag between 4 and 5pm the day before your horse is due to run on 07399946518.
- If you have any queries regarding this important accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com for guidance.
- All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
- Whilst on the racecourse, please note face masks are compulsory at all times unless eating or drinking.
- The racecourse has extended the Owners viewing areas to include the Upper Dewhurst suites and Club Lawn Marquee within the Owners Zone. Please be mindful of your fellow Owners’ safety and retain physical distancing of 2 metres in all indoor and outdoor areas.
- Quite a few hotels are now open for business in Perth and amongst those that we recommend would be Murrayshall Hotel, The George Hotel and the Salutation Hotel.
- The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You shall be guided to the temporary Owners car park which is sign-posted over the small bridge (do not turn right to usual O&T car park). You can park handily for easy access to the Owners dedicated entry point for registration where you shall be welcomed by Lisa Horlick.
- Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand and Club Lawn Marquee we have provided a ground floor hospitality suite where we shall provide some complimentary subsistence in the form of soft drinks, a tea and coffee self-service station, and individually portioned lunches/ afternoon teas. There are plentiful toilets within the Owners zone.
- Whilst there is Wi-fi throughout the Owners Zone there shall not be any retail betting on site permitted at the Festival.
- If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the original “Winners enclosure” is back in action where you can greet your victorious horse and connections. We have created a presentation facility that allows you to be included in a brief photograph opportunity with your fellow Green Zone winners, albeit from a safe two metres. A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection upon departure.
Whilst the temperatures remain cold for the time of year we have had significant rain and the going is officially Good to Soft, Good in places (6.6 goingstick). The forecast suggests it shall remain colder than normal and unsettled with further rainfall expected on Saturday with sunshine and showers thereafter. For any weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website here or contact our Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495.
Once again, thank you for your highly valued support and for taking the trouble to read all about what to expect if you plan to visit us. If you are unable to attend, we shall be sending all Owners with an email address a digital racecard for your convenience when watching the race from elsewhere. Please keep Perth in mind for the rest of our season in terms of making future entries and be aware we have secured a one-off additional fixture in 2021 on Sunday 5th September due to our very curtailed season in 2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or one of my team with any questions you may have about your possible visit to Perth and good luck!
Racing Manager/Clerk of Course
Matthew Taylor 07521 517495
Jean McGregor 07764 464299
Morag Connaghan 01738 551597
Lisa Horlick 07591212972
Covid-19 Safety Officer
Steve Horlick 07912 343131
Hazel Peplinski 07774 116733