Trainee Facilities Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the small Perth Racecourse team in a newly created role of Trainee Facilities Operations Manager based in the parklands of Scone Palace, Perth. This role shall form an integral part of our dedicated team and offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to develop skills in the role and progress to management level. You will report to Senior Management. The post is full time but we welcome applications for flexible working.
Fulfilling the role of a Trainee Facilities Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of the facility and operational plans to ensure the optimal presentation of the venue for fifteen prestigious racedays between April and September as well as a growing number of conferences and events including those at The Lodge at Perth Racecourse, a modern 26-bedroom timber-framed hotel.
-Assist management in ensuring the highest standards of site operations are achieved in terms of full legislative compliance in areas such as health and safety.
- Work closely with The Safety Officer to ensure the site adheres to the relevant Safety at Sports Ground Legislation and address any recommendations from the local authority Safety Advisory Group for site improvements further to the annual site inspection.
- Perth racecourse is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and this role shall lead on how the racecourse can make the most sustainable choices in a cost effective way
– Liaise with respective event stakeholders regarding facility and operational requirements before and after each event.
- Undertake frequent and comprehensive site checks with management to ensure the venue is consistently presented to the highest standards possible in terms of both safety and aesthetics.
-Co-ordinate the proactive and reactive maintenance work schedules within budgetary constraints
– Creation of purchase orders, checking and certifying invoices and working to an agreed budget
– The coordination of venue presentation to meet the expectations of our wide range of customers
Person specification – Criteria
- Have a proactive approach to improving the site with a keen eye for detail from the perspective of the customer experience and service.
- Possess confidence and initiative to problem solve especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ideally demonstrate relevant experience within a similar operational environment, but not essential
- Possess aptitude to take this opportunity to develop existing skills whilst in the role and attain management status
- Possess a good working knowledge of Health & Safety policies & procedures such as the creation and updating of on-going risk assessments.
- Health and Safety accredited or equivalent
- An interest in horse-racing is beneficial but not essential
Perth Racecourse thrives on the drive and ambition of a small inclusive team which works collaboratively to the mutual benefit of the whole organisation. A well-established and experienced team is key to our on-going success, which is founded on the full support and development of every individual employee.
This role offers a unique opportunity to the successful candidate to evolve over time to management level. The Trainee Facilities Operations Manager shall be joining a small but dedicated team that is passionate about the on-going success of the racecourse which has been racing in the Scone Parklands for well over a hundred years. The successful appointee would be fully supported from Day 1 to maximise the potential of this role making a positive impact within the organisation. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends to support racemeetings and various events when necessary. At least 8 weekend days per year
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, any 5 days from 7
A competitive salary shall be offered to reflect the successful candidate’s level of experience and qualification. 28 days annual leave is offered to all Perth Racecourse full-time employees. Relevant training shall be provided as required such as Health & Safety accreditation.
Please apply in writing with a full CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 30th November