Thank you very much for your entries for Thursday’s racemeeting at Perth (First race 1.20pm) and I hope you are planning on coming racing to support your runners; you shall be made very welcome. We were delighted to receive so much positive feedback from Horsemen further to our endeavours so far this summer which continues to be challenging whilst we wrestle with gradually bringing spectators back on course to enjoy the action.
We have had a useful drop of rain since last Saturday and we have the irrigators back out with a view to producing Good ground again for Thursday. After a couple of overcast a cooler days this weekend next week looks settled and fair but it is still early days.
For further weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website: https://www2.racingadmin.co.uk/JEDS001/index.html?null or contact our Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495.
Whilst we are still physical distancing and working around the shrinking Green Zone, Owners are still in the Dewhurst Stand which has worked well as a substitute Owners facility as it offers good views of the track and the large screen. Another big advantage of the relaxation is the return of access to the parade ring so that you can be party to the Trainer giving your Jockey his final instructions and enjoy seeing your horse close up all turned out ready to race. We can also return Owners to the full Winners Enclosure experience should you be fortunate enough to be victorious on Thursday.
We are able to offer Owners fuller hospitality which includes a table-served two course lunch and the offer of refreshments from the bar, including alcohol! I just need to remind you that alcoholic beverages require to be provided via table service only and your co-operation in helping our hard-working staff to fully comply would be much appreciated. It is a step forward and may just require a bit of patience to ensure all your fellow Owners receive the best possible service we can manage in the circumstances.
To assist our hard-working hospitality team we are going to repeat the successful initiative of offering lunch upstairs in the Dewhurst Stand which frees up more space at ground level for serving table-served refreshments.
As we are also allowed to offer a betting service and I fully expect an on-course bookmakers as well as the tote kiosk being readily available to all Owners within your facility.
Trainers are welcome to interact safely with Owners in your dedicated Club Lawn Marquee facility, however in order to maximise Owners’ capacities in these temporary indoor facilities, we are continuing with the Luncheon Voucher (redeemable at Paddock & Chips or Café 1613) for all Trainers and their representatives in terms of offering complimentary sustenance on Thursday. We shall encourage Trainers’ interaction with Owners to occur within the outdoor seated area where possible.
For this meeting we are increasing the badge allocation from three to four (instead of the usual six) which is still restriccted due to our inside maximum capacities within the Owners facility due to the continuing need for 2M physical distancing.
To gain admission on the day, we require you to personally register your interest to attend on the Pass system by 4pm the day before your horse is due to compete. Please note this PASS registration can only be done by Owners and not by your representative Trainer. After that deadline, should we have any spare capacity for additional allocation of badges, we shall be able to offer each of you one additional badge until our maximum capacity for the Owners’ Zone is reached on a first come first served basis. Again, we need full track and trace details of every additional attendee so please help us by providing this information timeously.
If you are considering making the trip to Perth, and I sincerely hope you are, please take a moment to read the information below. These are updated regularly as the situation evolves and are always subject to further change at any point in time.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found Going racing with a runner | ROA
• To enable us to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritizing the safety and well-being of all attendees, we require you to provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download and reduce any potential delays upon arrival.
• For those interested in securing an extra badge please call my colleague Morag between 4 and 5pm the day before your horse is due to run on 07399946518. To date we are pleased that we have been able to accommodate all Owners wishing to support their runners on this back issue system.
• If you have any queries regarding this important accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com for guidance.
• Owners parking has moved for this meeting to the east side of the horsewalk from the stables, which you shall hopefully find more convenient especially for those arriving via taxi for drop offs. Please enter the Grandstand enclosure using Gate C which is dedicated to Owners only and shall be open from 11.30am
• All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
• Whilst on the racecourse, please note face masks are now only compulsory when you are indoors (unless you are eating or drinking) or in the vicinity of the parade ring and winners enclosure.
• The racecourse has extended the Owners viewing areas to include the Upper Dewhurst suites and Club Lawn Marquee within the Owners Zone. Please be mindful of your fellow Owners’ safety and retain physical distancing of 2 metres in all indoor and outdoor areas (1 metre when sat down at a table).
• Lunches as a rule shall be served on the first floor of the Dewhurst to assist with maximising capacities of all facilities.
• Quite a few hotels are now open for business in Perth and amongst those that we recommend would be Murrayshall Hotel, The George Hotel and The Salutation Hotel.
The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You can park handily for easy access to the Owners dedicated entry point for registration where you shall be welcomed by Lisa Horlick. Please wear a face covering for the admission process and thereafter only when in the parade ring.
Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand and Club Lawn Marquee we have hospitality suites where we shall provide a two course lunch, a fully stocked bar and a tea and coffee station.
Alcoholic beverages have to be served via table service and vertical drinking is still not permitted.
There is Wi-fi throughout the Owners Zone and racecards shall be sent to you digitally once declarations are through.
If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the original “Winners enclosure” is back in action where you can greet your victorious horse and connections. A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection upon departure.
Once again, thank you for your highly valued support and for taking the trouble to read all about what to expect if you plan to visit us. Please keep Perth in mind for the rest of our season in terms of making future entries and be aware we have secured a one-off additional fixture in 2021 on Sunday 5th September due to our very curtailed season in 2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or one of my team with any questions you may have about your possible visit to Perth and good luck!
Owners Update for 1 July 2021